MARK EDWARD WATSON, 64, of Lavalette, passed away Thursday, September 16, 2021. He was born June 15, 1957, in Richmond, Va., a son of the late James Melvin Watson and Cecil Humphreys Watson Drumheller. He is survived by his wife, Drema Hammond Watson; one daughter, Drema Dawn Smoot of Proctorville, Ohio; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Wayne and Sherry Watson of Huntington, and Charles and Michelle Watson of Huntington; two grandchildren, Erika and Andrew; four great-grandchildren, McKenna, Layla, Averie and Ariah; and several nieces, nephews and friends. Family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, September 20, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the funeral home to help with expenses.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Invasive spotted lanternflies found in fourth West Virginia county
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Homecoming more than a game at HHS
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate before Old Dominion game
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, Saturday
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Old Dominion 20-13
- Photos: Rome Fire Prevention Parade
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Heron Fest
- Photos: Hal Greer statue dedication ceremony
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days