MATTHEW CHAD WARNER, 35, of Barboursville, passed away Thursday, September 9, 2021. He was born November 17, 1985, in Huntington, a son of Jim Warner of Milton and Mary Powell Frush of Barboursville. He was a tower technician with MasTec. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Charles Powell, and his paternal grandfather, Lee Warner. In addition to his mother and father, he is survived by a son, Skyler Warner of Ashland, Ky.; two sisters, Kim (Jason) Davidson of Ona and Jamie Warner of Huntington; his stepmother, Mary Ann Warner; his maternal grandmother, Jean Powell of Milton; his paternal grandmother, Evelyn Warner of Hurricane, W.Va.; a stepsister, Eryn Legg of Scott Depot; his girlfriend, Sarah Duty and her son Zayne of Gallipolis, Ohio; five nieces, Tori Legg, Makenzie Warner, Adyson Davidson, Ali Davidson, Alyssa Fazio and her fiancé Ashton Chapman; and one nephew, Trey Fazio. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Burial will be in White Chapel Memorial Gardens. Visitation will be two hours prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp