MILDRED MAXINE “MILLIE” SMITH, 80, of Huntington, passed away Tuesday, March 30, 2021. A Celebration of Life will be conducted at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 6, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home and Chapel, Barboursville. She was born March 7, 1941, in Hubbardstown, W.Va., a daughter of the late Clarence and Ruby Ellen Davis Bellomy. In addition to her parents, she was also preceded in death by one son, Brian Todd Smith; and one brother, Roger Bellomy. She is survived by her husband, Michael Smith; two daughters and sons-in-law, Alycia and Scott Pancake of Milton and Sherri and Shane Stanley of Wurtland, Ky.; two sons and daughter-in-law, David Chaffin of Barboursville and Mike and Katie Chaffin of Columbia, South Carolina; three sisters, Genevieve Cyrus of Fairborn, Ohio, Karen and Wallace Ferguson of Kenova and Debbie and Don Akers of Kenova; ten grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. She had an extensive sales career including Real Estate, Automobiles and Antiques. She loved gardening, landscaping and cats. Proverbs 31:25 New Living Translation — “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” Visitation will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Child development services employee accused of stealing more than $4.7 million in federal funds
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- Man convicted of incest accused of violating probation again, back in jail
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- RACHEL KATHRYN TURNER
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Coffee, baked goods now available at Wayne business
- Capital High student shot, killed on Charleston's West Side
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Flowers bloom around Huntington
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Prince Philip, Britain’s longest serving consort, through the years
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Mingo Central, girls basketball
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Girl Scouts conduct cookie sale for 'Health Care Heroes'
- Photos: Easter service in Kenova Town Square
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball