MOLLIE HOLLENE O’CONNOR HINCHMAN, 79, of Barboursville, went Home to her Lord and Savior Saturday, April 17, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 21, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Pastor Rick Glass. Burial will be in Swann Cemetery. She was born September 25, 1941, only child of the late Ruth Scaggs and the late James O’Connor. She worked at Imperial Bedding Co. until 1991. Preceding her in death was her loving husband, Robert Hinchman. She is survived by her three sons whom she adored, Daniel Lee Hinchman of Barboursville, Joseph Alan Hinchman and wife Kim Hinchman, and Michael Brian Hinchman and wife Donna Hinchman of Barboursville. She is survived by five grandkids, Trent Hinchman and wife Brandi of Martinsburg, W.Va., Bethany Hinchman (Dylan) of Given, W.Va., Bryan Hinchman (Amelia) of Chesapeake, Ohio, Bryan Harris of Barboursville, W.Va., and Victoria Harris of Barboursville, W.Va.; and four great-grandkids, Bennett, Grant, Mylah and Ridge. She is also survived by a half-sister, Linda Fields. She had two special cousins, Nancy Rush of Florida and Susie Hall of Barboursville; one sister-in-law, Bonnie Hinchman; and dear friend, Shirley Stiltner. We would like to thank the Hospice House for the care they gave Mom, Mawmaw. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center