PATRICIA GAIL TRIPPETT, 70, of Glenwood, W.Va., surrounded by her children and grandchildren, went home to be with her Lord on Friday, July 31, 2020. She was born on December 7, 1949, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Harlan and Edna Dean. She is also preceded in death by her father-in-law and mother-in-law, Robert Trippett Sr. and Zadie Trippett, and by two brothers, Jamie Dean and Carl Dean, and by one grandson. She is survived by the father of her children, Robert Trippett Jr.; two daughters, Karen Johnson (Rick) and Teresa Chapman (Larry); two sons, Danny Trippett (Cleo) and Jake Trippett (Melissa); four sisters, Mary McCallister (David), Margie Shull (Hank), Debbie Scarberry (Kenny) and Linda Gilfilen (Delbert); grandchildren, Kayla Boling (Terry), Amber Stevens (Kevin), David Scott, Caitlin Trippett, Kenzie Trippett (Drake Starkey), Madison Trippett (Caiden Spears); two very special great-grandchildren, Kristin Faith Boling and Layne Andrew Stevens; several special nieces and nephews. The family would like to thank Pt. Pleasant Hospice and her nurse, Kelly, for all of their love and care. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Pastors Howard Henry and Dorrin Garrett officiating. Burial will follow in Greenbottom Memorial Park, Lesage. Friends may visit from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Letter to the editor: Candidates' hate speech is a danger to children
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- MICHAEL SCOTT ADKINS
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- SHARON RENEE LONG CARROLL
- Twelvepole Manor to open outdoor trail after indoor attraction shut down
- Trial reset in false mall kidnapping case
- Menards opens at Tanyard Station
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: TTA introduces four new buses
- Photos: Mr. and Miss Marshall reveal ceremony
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: Early voting begins in Cabell County
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Football, Huntington High School vs. South Charleston
- Photos: Marshall defeats FAU, 20-9