RALPH RONNIE “JIM” COLLINS, 79, of Milton, W.Va., passed away September 9, 2021, at home. He was born November 23, 1941, in Cabell County, W.Va., a son of the late Delbert Lewis and Chlory Jackson Collins. He was also preceded in death by his brothers, Howard Collins, Marvin Collins, Dwain Collins, and his granddaughter, Candice Dawn Whitt. He retired from Black Diamond Girl Scout Council after 31 years as the ranger at Rocky Ledges Girl Scout Camp, and he also retired from Huntington Oklahoma Oil and Midway Gas as a well tender. He was a member of the American Legion Post No. 139, Milton. He is survived by his loving wife, Linda Carol Ansell Collins; children, Evony Whitt, Debora Collins, Ralph Collins Jr., Delbert Collins, Larry Wills Jr. and Brian Wills; one sister, Delores Kirtley; one brother, Robert Collins; nine grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Visitation will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday, September 12, 2021, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Funeral services will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Victor Dailey officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Huntington, P.O. Box 464, Huntington, WV 25709. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington hospitals reach all-time high level of COVID patients
- Community members shaken by death of Logan County woman found in garbage truck
- Man sentenced in Cabell sexual assault case
- 2001 Herd remembers the past, optimistic for the future
- MATTHEW CHAD WARNER
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Historic Herald-Dispatch building sells for $330,000 at auction
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Chuck Landon: Door to Sun Belt is open
- Demolition to begin on ACF property buildings by Thanksgiving
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate for home opener
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall defeats North Carolina Central, 44-10
- Photos: Huntington defeats Cabell Midland, 21-17
- Photos: Ironton vs. Cincinnati Moeller, high school football
- Photos: Patriot Day observance at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Monument dedicated to public service in Kenova
- Photos: Marshall Sustainability Department opens new thrift store
- Photo: Beekeeping class at The Wild Ramp
- Photos: Midland Branch of the Boyd County Public Library opens