RAYMOND LEE "BUTCH" STEWART, 71, of Longs, S.C., formerly of Salt Rock, W.Va., passed away Friday, November 27, 2020. Private graveside services will be conducted at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery North East, Grayson, Ky., by Dr. Steve Cook. He was born February 14, 1949, in West Hamlin, W.Va., a son of the late Robert Edwin Stewart and Ruth Hutchinson Stewart. He was a veteran of the United States Navy, having served during Vietnam. He was also preceded in death by his brother, Danie Joe Stewart, and his stepmother, Lorene Stewart. He is survived by his wife, Patricia Jean Curry Stewart; one daughter, Constance Le’Ann Niece (Tim) of Raceland, Ky.; one son, Robert Lawrence Stewart (Nekeeta) of Greenup, Ky.; four brothers, Larry Stewart of Selbyville, Del., Stanley Stewart of Columbus, Ohio, Marvin Stewart (Debbie) of Huntington, W.Va., and Harold Stewart (Mary Beth) of Hurricane, W.Va.; nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timememory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Alabama’s Huff offered Marshall head coaching job
- BUSINESS BEAT: Local businesses announce moves, openings, changes
- “I don’t know what treason is:” Hurricane woman faces charges after accused of entering US Capitol
- Chuck Landon: Candidates for MU job both curious and interesting
- Huntington-filmed streaming series 'Normal for Now' takes on pandemic life
- Huntington restaurant owner creates relief effort to help struggling industry
- Marshall board signs off on Huff's hiring
- Huff officially announced as Marshall's new head coach
- Cabell approves three-day blended learning model for students
- Chuck Landon: MU should hire Huff as new football coach
- Marshall University students return to residence halls
- Photos: Marshall vs. WKU, men's basketball
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs Coal Grove
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Ironton, girls basketball
- Photos: Marshall vs. WKU, women's basketball
- Photos: Tri-State Hoops Throwdown, Fairland vs. Fairfield
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, girls basketball
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. South Point, boys basketball
- Photos: People spend time outdoors in the warm weekend weather
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Ashland vs Robertson County