RODNEY HOWARD COLLINS, 54, of Milton, West Virginia, passed away Friday, March 26, 2021. He was born February 1, 1967, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of Connie Collins Webb of Huntington. He was preceded in death by his stepdad, Bill Webb, and two uncles, Keith “Joko” Collins and Ronald Howard Collins. In addition to his mother, he is survived by one daughter, Jerika Collins of Huntington; three granddaughters, Addison and Brooke Kelley and Kylee Dotson, who he loved to the moon; one brother, Zach Webb of Pittsburgh, Pa.; one sister, Shelley Collins of South Point, Ohio; one aunt, Janet Chapman of Yuley, Florida; and two uncles and aunts, David and Susan Collins of Ona, W.Va., and Darrell and Marie Collins of Beckley, W.Va. Rodney loved sports; it was his passion. He was a Marshall fan and a Cincinnati Bengals fan. He knew everything about sports and loved to talk about it. He loved fishing. He loved his family and friends. He had two furry friends that he loved and they loved him, Mia and Bailey. Rodney will be sadly missed by all of these. He made a difference in those lives. He lived a very simple, full and happy life. He loved Jesus and thanked him for what he had given him. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday, April 1, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Pastor Greg Lunsford officiating. Burial will be in Culloden Cemetery. Visitation will be two hours prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Former Ironton, Herd football great Cyrus dead
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Former Cabell Midland star Jeffrey to pitch in Draft League
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Greenhouse High Tunnel Open House at HEMS
- Photos: Huntington Comic and Toy Convention
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic