RUTH G. GROSE ROE, of Scottown, Ohio, died Thursday, July 9, 2020. Ruth was born June 5, 1937, in Glenwood, W.Va., a daughter of the late Harry and Ruby Pearl Grose. She was also preceded in death by her son, James M. Roe, and her granddaughter, Theodora M. Plagianakos. She was a loving mother and grandmother. She is survived by her three daughters, Tresea Clagg, Evelyn Lake and Deanna and her husband Elias Colon; son-in-law, Spiros Plagianakos; and her eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was a member of Brookdale FWB Church in Burlington, Ohio. Graveside services will be held 2 p.m. Sunday, July 12, 2020, at Barkers Ridge Cemetery by Pastor Ron Joplin. Procession to the cemetery will leave at 1:15 p.m. from Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $13.95 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man admits to traveling to Huntington to rape children
- Lawsuit filed after alleged abuse of Kellogg Elementary student recorded
- Local family hit hard by coronavirus after funeral
- Huntington woman jailed after pinning pedestrian with vehicle
- HD Media purchases new building in Huntington
- Chuck Landon: MU fans worried about losing 'The Union'
- MISHA CARNEY
- Officials investigating death at Western Regional Jail
- Chesapeake slip damages, threatens homes in area
- Spring Valley to limit fan attendance at home football games
- Photos: Marshall Football Practice, July 31
- Photos: Bhakti Vinyasa: Yoga in The Park
- Photos: South Point High School football practice
- Photos: Marshall University football team conducts indoors practice session
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 3
- Photos: “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
- Photos: Magical World of GHPRD's Magic Show Finale
- Photos: Black Lives Matter march in downtown Huntington
- Photos: The Wild Ramp Farmer's Market
- Photos: We Back Blue rally