SARAH DANIELLE RIDDLE, 21, of Ona, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, March 27, 2021, in Syracuse, New York. She was born April 9, 1999, in Huntington, a daughter of Brad Riddle of Barboursville and Shelley Dawn Kisor Riddle of Ona. She was a senior at Syracuse University where she majored in Biology and Neuroscience. She was a member of Alpha Chi Sigma Professional Chemistry Fraternity. She was preceded in death by her maternal grandfather, Vernon A. Cremeans, and her paternal grandparents, John and Linda Riddle. In addition to her parents, she is survived by two brothers, Jacob Riddle and Lawson Riddle; maternal grandmother, Rosie Cremeans; stepmother, Jennifer Bellomy; stepgrandmother, Valerie Riddle; her boyfriend, Matthew Sponaugle, and his parents, Dale and Trish Sponaugle. A Celebration of Life will be conducted at 7 p.m. Monday, April 5, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to your local animal shelter. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball