SHARON SUE MARTIN, 74, of Barboursville, W.Va., passed away Monday, April 26, 2021. She was born November 14, 1946, in South Point, Ohio, a daughter of the late Georgia Ward. She was retired from Goodwill Industries and was a member of Sybene Independent Church. In addition to her mother, she was preceded in death by her first husband, David Bowen, her second husband, Billy Ray Martin Sr., one grandson, Justin Parsons, and one sister, Patricia Jean Martin. She is survived by one daughter and son-in-law, Tammy and Daniel Parsons of Barboursville; two sons and a daughter-in-law, Billy Ray and Kimberly Martin Jr. and Christopher Matthew Martin, both of Barboursville; four grandchildren, Natasha Martin, Daniel Parsons Jr., Anthony David Parsons and Brittany Parsons; and 10 great-grandchildren, Daniel Parsons III, Haley Parsons, Savannah Ross, Alissa Parsons, Ethan Parsons, Laykyn Parsons, Tanner Parsons, Alexis Parsons, Gannon Martin and Deliah. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Friday, April 30, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, with Pastor D.L. Webb officiating. Burial will be Greenbottom Memorial Park, Lesage, W.Va. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Why are businesses having trouble finding employees?
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- DAVID TOLLEY
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- As W.Va. drug overdose deaths increase, Huntington, Cabell County first in country to face distributors in courtroom
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- Herd brothers help teammate Jason Starkey kick addiction, find Christ
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Photos: Huntington High wins Class AAAA girls basketball state title
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: 184th Marshall University commencement
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine's 41st annual graduation and investiture ceremony
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: 25th annual Heritage Farm spring festival
- Photos: Class AAA girls basketball tournament, Logan vs. Fairmont Senior
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates
- Photos: 18th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser