TERRY LYNN ADKINS, 58, of Branchland, W.Va., passed away Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Sunday, September 12, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Pastor Garland Perry. Burial will be in Gordon Adkins Cemetery. He was born February 5, 1963, in Huntington, a son of the late Herbert and Zeda Lester Adkins. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one son, Michael Scott Adkins, and one brother, Garland “Hunky” Adkins. He is survived by his wife, Andrea Gue Adkins; one daughter, Sandra Adkins (Dustin Ball) of Ashland, Ky.; best friend and brother, Thurman (Kathy) Adkins of Barboursville, and brother, David (Gail) Adkins of Branchland, and sister-in-law, Donna Adkins of Huntington; two grandchildren, Amya Gail Stamper-Adkins and Chason Lee Adkins; and a host of nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and friends. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday, prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp