WANDA “JEAN” FERRELL HILL, 79, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away peacefully on Friday, September 10, 2021. She was born February 19, 1942, in Lincoln County, W.Va., but was raised on Big Ugly Road, Lincoln County. She was the daughter of the late George and Eunice Peyton Ferrell and was preceded in death by the father of her children, Alvin Hill, Jr. She was a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is survived by one son, Alvin Ray (Rita Hansson) Hill of Palm Bay, Florida; one daughter, Donna Kay (Aaron Akers) Adkins of Huntington one grandson, Matthew David (Kathryn) Adkins; a great-granddaughter, Kairi Adkins; two sisters, Luna Mae McComas and Avonelle Russo; three nieces, Tamara, LaRue and Anitra; two nephews, Mike and Steve Ferrell; and one sister-in-law, Linda (Roger) Marcum. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, with Bishop Kirby officiating. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Following the funeral service, graveside services will be held at 4 p.m. at the Hill Family Cemetery, North Fork Road of Big Creek, Boone County, W.Va., with Elder Brian Stowers officiating. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- Huntington man charged in 2018 shooting deaths
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp