WONETTA MAE CLARY RIGGLE, 81, of Glenwood, W.Va., passed away on Monday, July 19, 2021. She was born April 29, 1940, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Edgar and Oweva Mount Clary. She is also preceded in death by her husband, David Heber Riggle; two brothers, Carl E. Clary and James E. Clary; one grandson, Gary Galloway; and one son-in-law, John Jones. She is survived by three daughters, Shirley Hicks (Michael), Anna Jones, Carlenea Galloway (Randy); one son, David Dwayne Riggle (Sheila); two sisters, Mary Scott and Doris Morrison; two brothers, Edgar Louie Clary Jr. and Richard Clary; 11 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Friday, July 23, 2021, at Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, with Pastor Jamie Jefferson officiating. Burial will follow in Union Ridge Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Bradley Galloway, Aaron Hicks, David Clagg, Cameron Taylor, Michael Hicks and Wesley Morrison. Friends may visit from noon to 1 p.m. Friday at Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Online condolences may be sent to www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball