JOSHUA DALE WHEATON, 42 of Mount Sterling, Ky., passed away Sunday, June 27, 2021, in St. Joseph Hospital, Lexington, Ky. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Friday, July 2, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Chapel. Burial will follow in Spring Valley Memory Gardens, Huntington. He was born November 30, 1978, in Huntington, W.Va. He was an employee of A+ Rental furniture center. He is survived by his wife of 21 years, Jessica Wheaton; his three sons, Joshua J. Wheaton, Dorsey Wheaton II and Marshall Wheaton. In addition, he is survived by his father, Greg, and stepmother, Connie Wheaton, and his mother, JoAnn Stanley Wheaton; sisters, Amy Owen and Jennifer Stevens and their sons Jonah Meek and Taylor Stevens; sister-in-law, Kristie (Jason) Stevens Wright and their daughters Madison and Kasey; special friends, the Alfrey, the Dennis Smith and the Dunn families; lifelong friends that he called his brothers, J.W. Dick, Daniel Dick, Rick Adams and Gabe Wheaton; and his best four-legged friend, Stella. Josh was a leader in the sports community and will be sadly missed by his ex-players. He was an avid Patriots and Marshall fan. He never met a stranger. GO HERD! Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 1, at the Reger Funeral Home. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale