JOY LEE DOWNS THIELEN, 68, of Ashland, widow of Bruce E. Thielen, died Aug. 2 in King's Daughters Medical Center. She was a Registered Nurse at KDMC and Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital. There will be a memorial service at 6 p.m. Aug. 6 at Steen Funeral Home Central Avenue Chapel. Private burial in Ashland Cemetery. www.steenfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington bar adds new policy to ensure safe dating
- Nick J. Rahall II: Manchin-backed spending bill won't rein in inflation
- After 105 years, Huntington Wholesale Furniture opens to public
- Marshall will wait to name starting quarterback
- Huff new Irish girls basketball coach
- Extra eyes help bring Huff's Herd along
- Property near Hal Greer Boulevard rezoned for light industrial use
- Other editors: The IRS is about to go beast mode
- Huntington man gets federal prison time for drug crime
- Huntington animal shelter needs volunteers to walk dogs
- Photos: 14th annual Antique Tractor and Engine Show
- Photos: Wayne County Fair, Friday
- Photos: Paws at Pullman
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Saturday, August 6
- Photos: Frios inaugural Pickle Pop-eating contest
- Photos: Barboursville Water Lantern Festival
- Photos: Dinosaur Adventure at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: Blenko Glass 2022 Festival of Glass
- Photos: Back-to-School Bash at Liberty Bank in Ironton
- Photos: House dedication for Norman and Sherry Holton