BLANCHE D. KING, 82, of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away Saturday, January 9, 2021, at home. She was born November 22, 1938, in Lawrence County, Ohio, to the late Edwin and Mina Shavor. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Charles King; three sisters and five brothers and great-grandbaby Hackworth. She is survived by one son, Johnnie (Pam) King; and one daughter, Patty (Phillip) Earl; four granddaughters that she loved very much, Valerie (Jay) Morrison, Brittany (Adam) Buckley, Amanda (Michael) Johnson and Charly Earl (Matt Hackworth); seven great-grandchildren that she loved very much, Elizabeth, Tara, Phillip, Jackson, Aurora, Michael and Carson; and two special caregivers, Ruth Nance who was like her daughter and Gail Thompson. Thank you for all you did for our mom. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, January 14, 2021, at Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. There will be no visitation. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lawsuit accuses Cabell County Schools of failing to protect student from sexual abuse
- Sources: Majority of Herd’s 2020 staff will not return
- Herd football staff starting to come together
- Huff's staff for 2021 nearly finalized
- Police roundup: Wayne County couple found after more than 450 grams of meth, heroin found
- Police roundup: Pikeville teen jailed on child porn charges
- Chuck Landon: Mississippi St. was linch-pin for MU hiring Huff
- Morgues, funeral homes hover at capacity as deaths rise in region
- The Herald-Dispatch All Tri-State Football Team
- Lucky few hit COVID-19 vaccine jackpot for rare extra doses
- Photos: Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Photos: People spend time at Lake William
- Photos: LesMills BodyCombat course at The Rec
- Photos: Day of Service
- Photos: Girl's High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Chesapeake
- Photos: Marshall vs. FIU, women's basketball
- Photos: Girl's High School Basketball, Ashland vs. Morgan County
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Coal Grove, girls basketball
- Photos: MU Women's Basketball team defeats FIU
- Photos: South Point vs. Gallia Academy, boys basketball