CALVIN DUANE WALTERS, 64, of South Point, Ohio, passed away Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at home. He was born February 26, 1956, in Greensboro, Ind., son of the late Cecil and Julia Breedlove Walters. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by foster mother, Sybil Bias; son, Tyler Walters; grandson, Dakota Bocook; one brother, Edward Breedlove; three sisters, Barbara Hayden, Mae Jessup and Rosemary Pugsley. He is survived by his wife, Sharon Gail Walters; three children, Tienna Runyon, Sonja Black and Chad Booth; six siblings, Buster Walters, Betty Egnor, Ellen McAllister, Connie McDaniels, Kerry Walters and Carol Walters; three grandchildren, Kaleb Krantz, Kameron Krantz and Zachary Bocook; and numerous nieces, nephews, family and friends. He was a marine merchant for 30 years. Funeral service will be conducted 2 p.m. Friday, October 16, 2020, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, with Pastor Roger Watts officiating. Burial will follow in Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Joe Manchin: Precedent demands Senate wait on Barrett confirmation vote
- Police find $40K worth of heroin in West Huntington drug raid
- Marshall's walk-off field goal lifts Fairland over Buckeyes
- 3 Cabell County residents among state’s new COVID-19 deaths
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Potential sale of ACF parking lot being negotiated
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Plans for new senior center in Lawrence County up for approval
- SHARON RENEE LONG CARROLL
- Late Young Thundering Herd QB honored with renaming of city block
- Photos: Mr. and Miss Marshall reveal ceremony
- Photos: Rocco's Spaghetti Dinner Drive-Thru in Ceredo
- Photos: Cabell County Middle School Football Championships
- Photos: Marshall defeats FAU, 20-9
- Photos: Fairland vs. Nelsonville-York, football
- Photos: Kenova Pumpkin House gives out pumpkins to locals
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony
- Photos: MU PAWS therapy dogs conduct costume parade
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Football, Huntington High School vs. South Charleston