DAVID WAYNE VOGELSONG, 67, of Ironton, husband of Tammy Tipton Vogelsong, died May 19 in King’s Daughters Medical Center. He was a retired Operator at Dow Chemical and worked at Phillips Funeral Home. Funeral service will be noon May 23, First Baptist Church in Ironton. Burial in Woodland Cemetery. Visitation will be two hours before service Saturday. Donations may be made to Operation Christmas Child c/o First Baptist Church, 304 South 5th St., Ironton, OH 45638. www.phillipsfuneralhome.net.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $4.99 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Murray Energy files notices projecting thousands of layoffs in West Virginia
- CHAD LEE MAYS
- Arrest made in shooting death of Huntington teen
- Path cleared for Herd-ECU to open 2020 football season
- Apartment complex planned near Fairland elementary school
- Huntington marches in support of black lives
- CAROLYN JO ADKINS REGAN
- Two Marshall student-athletes, one employee test positive for COVID-19
- Livestock auction leads to positive COVID-19 cases in Jackson County
- Tanning salons added to fourth phase of opening
- Photos: Protesters Honor George Floyd in Huntington
- Photos: Railroad ties catch fire at CSX in Huntington.
- Photos: Candlelight vigil for Tayla Johnson
- Photos: Opening Day Races at Ona Speedway
- Photos: The pandemic in pictures
- Photos: 152nd Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade
- Photos: Southside Elementary celebrates last day of school
- Photos: Village of Barboursville Elementary 5th-grade graduation parade
- Photos: Cabell Midland "Final Drive-Through"
- Photos: West Virginia Air National Guard flyover