DONNIS EDWARD BARNETT, 80, of Columbus, Ohio, passed away Sunday, October 10, 2021, at his residence. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Friday, October 15, 2021, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel by Rev. Eugene Houck. Burial will follow at Elmwood Cemetery, Wayne. He was born February 19, 1941, in Amherstdale, W.Va., a son of the late Rufus and Bessie Dickerson Barnett. Donnis was retired from Hudson Meat Company in Columbus, Ohio, and was a U.S. Army Veteran. Also preceding him in death were two brothers, Gene Barnett and Michael Barnett. Survivors include his loving wife, Betty Jean Gierhart Barnett; a daughter, Heather Jenkins (Charles) of Jackson, Ohio; a son, Robert Brewer (Shannon) of Dickson, Mo.; three sisters, Charlotte Barrett of Barboursville, Kathy Houck (Eugene) of Huntington, Sandra Hope of Powell, Ohio; brother, Homer Barnett of Adel, Ga.; four grandchildren, Cody, Gazzie, Nicole and Kaylee; a great-granddaughter, Everleigh May Lynn Barnett; two special nephews, Daniel Emmenegger and Jeffrey Emmenegger; along with a host of nieces, nephews and friends. Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until service time Friday at Morris Funeral Home.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Invasive spotted lanternflies found in fourth West Virginia county
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Homecoming more than a game at HHS
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate before Old Dominion game
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, Saturday
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Old Dominion 20-13
- Photos: Rome Fire Prevention Parade
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Heron Fest
- Photos: Hal Greer statue dedication ceremony
- Photos: Marshall University Homecoming Parade