DOROTHY ANN STURGILL MAYNARD, 73, passed away Wednesday, August 25, 2021, in Harbor HealthCare of Ironton, Ohio. She was a graduate of South Point High School. Dorothy worked as a hostess and a server at Red Lobster in Huntington, W.Va., for more than thirty years. She was preceded in death by her father, Edison Kenneth Sturgill; mother, Josie Lester, and stepfather, L.R. Lester; sister, Teresa Kay Sturgill Harris; and stepsister-in-law, Gloria Lester. She is survived by one sister, Edna J. Clay and her husband Stephen Clay of Marble, N.C.; two nephews, Stephen Bruce Clay Jr. and Michael Edward Clay; one niece, April Diane Shields; two stepbrothers, Bobby Lester and Dave (Linda) Lester; stepsister, Judy; and several great-nieces and -nephews. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Thursday, September 2, 2021, at Schneider-Hall Funeral Home in Chesapeake, Ohio. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Burial will follow in Highland Memorial Gardens in South Point, Ohio. The family asks that everyone visiting or attending services please wear a mask. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.schneiderhallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Invasive spotted lanternflies found in fourth West Virginia county
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate before Old Dominion game
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Rome Fire Prevention Parade
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, Saturday
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City