EDMON FERGUSON, 93, of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away Tuesday, June 8, 2021, in Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Chapel, Huntington, by Rev. Willard Nolan. Burial will follow in White Chapel Memorial Park, Barboursville. He was the owner of Ferguson and Cremeans Upholstery Company and a member of First Guyandotte Baptist Church. He was born January 14, 1928, in Wayne, W.Va., the son of the late Ernest and Lilly Cremeans Ferguson. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his loving wife of 60 years, Betty Ferguson; four brothers and three sisters, Delbert, Lee, Paul and Ernest “Junior” Ferguson, Emaline “Tudy” Adkins, Belle Jeffries and Linda Kay Adkins. He is survived by his five daughters and sons-in-law, Carol and Earl France, Sue Keesee, Becky Riggs, Connie Aliff and Kathy and Joe Collins; one son, William Edmon “Bill” Ferguson; 14 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild; several nieces and nephews; a special fur baby, Boggs. Friends may call from noon until service time Thursday, June 10, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Home, Huntington. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Spring Valley High School basketball coach sues principal, BOE
- Renamed and rebranded venue The Loud to replace The V Club
- BUSINESS BEAT: The Corner Hoagies & Hops to open in downtown Huntington
- Distribution center being developed in Ona
- Dawg Dazzle returns July 2 with music, fireworks
- Huntington teen charged in man’s shooting death
- Cattle truck crash closes I-64
- South Point's Townson signs contract for first pro fight
- East Huntington woman on fixed income wins free roof
- Manchin seeking new study on restoring Cardinal’s daily service
- Photos: Father's Day service at New Life Church
- Photos: Juneteenth 5k Run/Walk "Race for Equality"
- Photos: Juneteenth Festival at AD Lewis Center
- Photos: Cabell Midland wins Class AAA Softball Championship
- Photos: Sixth annual Firkin Fest craft beer festival
- Photos: 2021 US Youth Soccer Eastern Region President’s Cup, Saturday
- Photos: West Virginia Governor's Honors Academy
- Photos: High school basketball, KY-WV Shootout
- Photos: Heritage Day 2021 at Madie Carroll House
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Washington, Class AAA state softball