GERALDINE (HACKWORTH) HANKINS, age 90, passed away at her home April 9, 2021. She was born Aug. 17, 1930, to the late Phil and Mae Thomas Hackworth. She was the widow of Raymond Hankins. She was a member of the New Valley Missionary Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by one son, Ronald; four brothers; three sisters; and four grandchildren. She is survived by Roger (Debbie) Hankins, Brenda (Robert) Carpenter, Calvin (Gina) Hankins, Brian (Melissa) Hankins, and one daughter-in-law, Vicki Hankins, 14 grandchildren, 26 great-grandchildren, 12 great-great-grandchildren and longtime friend, Paula Wood. Funeral will be Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at 11 a.m. at O’Keefe-Baker Funeral Home with John Hankins and Larry Comer officiating. Visitation will start 9 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home till time of the funeral. Burial will be in Highland Memorial Gardens Cemetery. COVID-19 restrictions will be followed with social distancing and masks.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Why are businesses having trouble finding employees?
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID TOLLEY
- As W.Va. drug overdose deaths increase, Huntington, Cabell County first in country to face distributors in courtroom
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- Herd brothers help teammate Jason Starkey kick addiction, find Christ
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- High school basketball player set to graduate fatally shot
- Photos: Huntington High wins Class AAAA girls basketball state title
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: 184th Marshall University commencement
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine's 41st annual graduation and investiture ceremony
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: 25th annual Heritage Farm spring festival
- Photos: Class AAA girls basketball tournament, Logan vs. Fairmont Senior
- Photos: 18th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates