HELEN KATHRYN BARKER, 77, of Chesapeake, Ohio, went to join her heavenly family on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, West Virginia. She was born October 3, 1944, in Huntington, West Virginia, to the late Alonzo Lonnie Thompson and Clara Morgan Thompson. She was a member of Hanging Rock Apostolic Church. She is survived by a son, Mark Barker of Chesapeake, Ohio, and a daughter, Joyce Clark of Griffin, Georgia. Also surviving are three grandchildren, David and Robin Loraditch, both of Chesapeake, Ohio, and Heather Hutto of Griffin, Georgia; two brothers, Joseph Thompson of Chesapeake, Ohio, Eugene Thompson of Georgia, and one sister, Bay Thompson of Florida. Also surviving are numerous nieces and nephews. She was not only a grandmother to David, Robin and Heather but to a multitude of many. Visitation will be Monday, April 12, 2021, from noon to 1 p.m. at Schneider-Hall Funeral Home, Chesapeake. Funeral services will follow at 1 p.m. Burial will take place in Chesapeake Memorial Gardens, Chesapeake, Ohio. Condolences may be expressed at www.schneiderhallfuneral.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen