HERMAN DAVID GRANT, 73, of Kingston, Ohio, passed away Monday, June 14, 2021, in Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio. He was born in Huntington, W.Va., on July 13, 1947, to the late Herman Otis Grant and Essie Rose Rice Swift. Herman enjoyed going camping with family and friends. Herman is survived by his wife of 22 years, Peggie Grant; two sons, Robert Grant and Ricky Grant, both of Huntington, W.Va.; a stepson, Herbie Haddox of Johnstown, Ohio; two daughters, Terri Grant and Tonya Grant, both of Huntington, W.Va.; a stepdaughter, Rhonda Jennings and husband Scott of Kingston; a sister, Patricia Clark and husband Richard of Portsmouth; two sisters-in-law, Helen Grant and Becky Justice; several grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews, including special nephew Steven and wife Jessica Grant of Chillicothe. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by three brothers, Paul Grant, Allen Grant and Lester Grant. Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 17, 2021, at D.W. Swick Funeral Home, New Boston, Ohio, with funeral service to follow at 1 p.m. with Pastor Richard Clark officiating. Interment will follow in Memorial Burial Park, Wheelersburg, Ohio. Online condolences may be left at www.DWSwickFuneralHome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Letter to the editor: Is government hiding truth about UFOs?
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA