JOHN DAVID DOYLE, 81 of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away on Thursday, March 16, 2023, in Harmony at Southridge in Charleston, W.Va. He was born December 15, 1941, to the late John and Bernice Crawford Doyle. In addition to his parents, John was preceded in death by his wife, Carla Jean Doyle and a daughter, Alicia Doyle League. He is survived by his children, Johnny Doyle (Buffy), Kelly Doyle (Mark), Wes (Jujuan) Doyle; six grandchildren, Shadarra (Cliff) Welton, Heather (Chris) Frazier, Ricky League (Stacey Kowalski), Amanda League, Terrance Reeves, Jorden Doyle and several great-grandchildren. He was loved by so many and had a heart of gold. John worked as a machinist. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, March 20, 2023, at Hall Funeral Home & Crematory in Proctorville, Ohio, officiated by Pastor Gordon Simpson. Burial will follow in Rome Cemetery. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Condolences may be expressed at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Recommended for you
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Marshall Thrift Store offers free shopping ahead of relocation
- Beckley singer to appear on 'American Idol' on Sunday
- Painters' union officials say Nucor uses mostly out-of-state labor in mills' construction phases
- BUSINESS BEAT: New medial spa facility opens in downtown Huntington
- Marshall medical students learn where they are headed next through Match Day 2023
- Alissa Bosley Rayfield
- Huntington launches response team focused on homelessness, mental health
- Herd falls short of NIT bid, will not 'pay-to-play' in postseason
- Disciplinary board to hold hearing over charges against Boone County prosecutor
- Justice: State Police investigation 'won't be a good day for several folks'
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine celebrates Match Day
- Photos: "Hoppy Easter" at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Spikefest, Saturday
- Photos: Pi Day celebrations
- Photos: East Huntington Kiwanis Club Pancake Festival
- Photos: Marshall vs. App State, baseball
- Photos: The Artstream Nomadic Gallery visits HMA
- Photos: "Disco Fever" Mother-Son Prom
- Photos: CCCTC Blue Chrome Car Show
- Photos: Super Saturday