LARRY OSCAR HAWTHORNE, 80 of Chesapeake, Ohio passed away Monday, May 22, 2023, in St. Mary's Medical Center in Huntington, W.Va. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Sharon Hawthorne; two children Tonya (Rick) Hagley of Chesapeake, Michael Hawthorne (Sandi Moore) of Proctorville; two sisters-in-law, Kay Hawthorne and Tammy Hawthorne; brother-in-law Dana Lusher. He was born September 12, 1942, in Huntington, W.Va., to the late Theodore and Virginia Hawthorne. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by brothers, Jack Hawthorne, Gus Hawthorne, Bobby Hawthorne, and Mark Hawthorne; and one sister, Pam Lusher. He was a retired welder from ACF Industries. A graveside service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday May 27, 2023, at Rome Cemetery in Proctorville, Ohio, led by pastor Tom Jones. Burial will follow. There will be no visitation. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory Proctorville, Ohio, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Recommended for you
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Hot dog! Online map takes visitors on a tour of Huntington's best wieners
- G.D. Ritzy's in Huntington permanently closes
- West Virginia’s newest scenic train ride opens
- West Virginia’s Free Fishing Weekend returns in June
- The Nucor impact: Mason County ready for opportunities, challenges
- Appalachian Power to remove 17 miles of lines in Cabell, Lincoln
- American Countess stops in Huntington, set to return to city later this year
- Another Hal Greer lane shift begins Monday
- Bear and human conflicts are a rising problem
- Home confinement denied for McCallister
- Photos: The American Countess Riverboat stops in Huntington
- Photos: Families spend time at Guyan Estates Pool
- Photos: 5th annual BrewGrass Festival
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: Great American Petting Farm in Milton
- Photos: 2023 Military and Veterans Appreciation Picnic
- Photos: Car show presented by Tri State Street Rods
- Photos: Marshall football conducts first summer recruiting camp
- Photos: June Harless Center's Cardboard Boat Regatta
- Photos: Campers attend birds of prey demonstration at Wayne Middle