LARRY R. DEXTER, 79, of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away Tuesday, March 23, 2021, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, Huntington. He was born April 15, 1941, in Huntington, son of the late Charles E. and Edith Marie Bailey Dexter. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Sharon Kay Dexter; and daughter, Amy Dexter Beckett. He is survived by one daughter, Beth (Steve) Swander of Tiffin, Ohio; son-in-law, Mark Beckett of Proctorville, Ohio; two grandchildren, Adam and Mara Beckett; a brother, Bob Dexter; and a special niece, Brenda Jeffrey of Chesapeake, Ohio. He was a U.S. Air Force Veteran and also retired from the U.S. Postal Service with over 30 years of service. A graveside service will be held 1 p.m. Sunday, March 28, 2021, at Rome Cemetery, Proctorville, Ohio, with Rev. Paul Yuenger of Our Lady of Fatima officiating. Proctorville VFW Post 6878 will conduct military gravesides rites. No visitation will be held. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Child development services employee accused of stealing more than $4.7 million in federal funds
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- Man convicted of incest accused of violating probation again, back in jail
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- RACHEL KATHRYN TURNER
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Coffee, baked goods now available at Wayne business
- Capital High student shot, killed on Charleston's West Side
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Flowers bloom around Huntington
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Prince Philip, Britain’s longest serving consort, through the years
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Mingo Central, girls basketball
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball
- Photos: Girl Scouts conduct cookie sale for 'Health Care Heroes'
- Photos: Glass-smashing event on Marshall campus