LINDA ANN NELSON, 78, of South Point, Ohio, passed away Wednesday, January 20, 2021, at her residence. She was preceded in death by her parents, Johnny and Nancy Lewis Vance; one daughter, Teresia Williamson; and one brother, Glen Vance. Linda was a member of England Hill Freewill Baptist Church. She is survived by her husband of more than 50 years, Jennings Nelson; two daughters, Jennifer Nelson of Chesapeake, Ohio, and Aimee (Bobby) Lawson of Roxboro, Texas; one son, John Ray Nelson of Lolita, Texas; six grandchildren; three brothers, John (Jean) Vance of Lumberton, N.C., Kenny (JoAnn) Vance of South Point, Ohio, and Jimmy (Barbara) Vance of Paris, Ky.; and numerous nieces, nephews, family and friends. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, January 22, 2021, at Docks Creek Cemetery in the Maple Hill Section, Kenova, W.Va. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.schneiderhallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Vehicle fire spreads to new cars at dealership
- Huntington restaurant has alcohol license suspended
- Schools unite to support beloved photographer Sanborn
- Cabell BOE votes to build Meadows Elementary in new location
- Ohio River crests at highest level since 1997
- Police: Missing child, 6, killed and put into the Ohio River
- Beloved photographer Sanborn dead from cancer
- Justice income tax plan proposes big cuts, tax hikes
- Second round of Pandemic EBT payments for eligible children to be sent in March
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Areas around Cabell County experience flooding
- Photos: Area flooding
- Photos: Firefighters battle vehicle fire at River City Subaru
- Photos: Area continues to deal with flooding
- Photos: Cleanup continues at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Marshall volleyball team vs. Western Kentucky
- Photos: Fairland vs. North Adams, boys basketball
- Photos: MU women's basketball vs. Rice University, Saturday
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Scott, girls basketball