LUCILLE WALTERS, 95, of Crown City, Ohio, passed away Monday, February 15, 2021, at Holzer Senior Care Center in Bidwell, Ohio. She was born July 27, 1925, in Proctorville, Ohio, daughter of the late Marie White Workman. In addition to her mother, she was preceded in death by her husband, Harry Walters; four children, Rosalie Galloway, Betty Walters, Michael Walters and Buddy Walters; and four siblings, Alta Scarberry, Flossie Boster, Rosemary Swain and Charlotte Burcham. She is survived by two children, Gloria Estep of Crown City, Ohio, and Larry Walters (Tonya) of Scottown, Ohio; son-in-law, Bob Galloway; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; five step-great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; three siblings, Jenny Phipps, Erma (Tom) Larimer and Myrtle Turley. Funeral service will be conducted 11 a.m. Saturday, February 20, 2021, by Pastor Jerry Galloway at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio. Burial will follow in Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, February 20, 2021, at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Vehicle fire spreads to new cars at dealership
- Huntington restaurant has alcohol license suspended
- Cabell BOE votes to build Meadows Elementary in new location
- Ohio River crests at highest level since 1997
- Man sentenced on charges in relation to death of Huntington teen
- Justice income tax plan proposes big cuts, tax hikes
- Beloved photographer Sanborn dead from cancer
- Muncy hits milestone, Tolsia upsets Spring Valley 73-65
- Dunlow Elementary flooding complicates return to five-day in-person instruction
- Photos: Areas around Cabell County experience flooding
- Photos: Area flooding
- Photos: Firefighters battle vehicle fire at River City Subaru
- Photos: Area continues to deal with flooding
- Photos: Axe-throwing competition at Tickers & Timbers
- Photos: Friends of the Cabell County Public Library Used Book Sale
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Magic and comedy dinner in Milton
- Photos: Little Victories’ Clean the Shelter Day
- Photos: Marshall volleyball team vs. Western Kentucky