On September 5, 2020, at the age of 85, MARY “GLENDENE” MURPHY, of Proctorville, Ohio, went home to paradise to be with her husband, George D. Murphy Sr., and daughter, Joyce Wagner. She was born July 29, 1935, in Job, Ky., to the late Floyd and Nona Justice. Also welcoming her were sisters, Wandalene McCullough and Augustene Brammer. Those left behind who will miss her dearly are daughter and caregiver, Deborah Murphy of Proctorville, Ohio; and sons, George D. (Pam) Murphy Jr. of Proctorville, Ohio, and Gregory F. (Wendy) Murphy of Barboursville. Other family members include a son-in-law, Dewaine Wagner; four grandchildren, Jonathan Wagner, Christopher Wagner, Jessica (Josh) Bennett and Ashley Murphy; four great-grandchildren, Jaydon Bennett, Jaley Bennett, Levi Bennett and Macie Murphy, the purpose for her last several years; and one great-great-grandchild, Adriel Ward. She also leaves behind a brother, Kenneth (Lora) Justice. Besides being a loving wife, mother and grandmother, she enjoyed cooking for family gatherings, reading, sewing and her flower gardens. Her heart and home were always open. She retired from Kroger in Proctorville, Ohio, in 1997. Funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 15, 2020, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, with Pastor Jeff Black officiating. Her body will be laid to rest following the service at Rome Cemetery, Proctorville, Ohio. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- STEPHEN MICHAEL ANDREW WARDEN
- Former council member, magistrate indicted in 2019 shooting
- UPDATE: MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- Huntington recovery program gets nearly $1M loan guarantee
- BUSINESS BEAT: Jewel City Seafood reopens today in downtown Huntington
- Huntington will settle suit with former MU athletes for more than $350K, according to attorney
- Area hospitals see surge in COVID-19 cases
- Cabell Midland football player tests positive for COVID-19
- PHILLIP EDWARD COLLINS
- Photos: Marshall vs. Appalachian State, football
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: Drive-in talent show
- Photos: People spend Sunday afternoon at Camden Park
- Photos: Huntington High vs. Wheeling Park, football
- Photos: High School Soccer, Huntington High girls take on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Heritage Farm We Learn Wednesday Event
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton