MINNIE P. BALL, 78, of Chillicothe, Ohio, died 1:02 p.m. Sunday, September 13, 2020, at her residence, following an extended illness. She was born November 19, 1941, in Chillicothe, Ohio, to the late Charles and Opal Olaker Gleason. On June 19, 1961, she married Delbert Wesley Ball, who died February 10, 1991. Surviving are children, Jeffrey D. Ball, James H. (Kimberly) Ball, David W. Ball, Nancy A. Ball, all of Chillicothe, and John H. Ball; many grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; a brother, John (Bonnie) Gleason of Chillicothe; sisters, Vickie Schiller of Chillicothe and Viola Larie of Washington Court House, Ohio; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by an infant son and sisters, Dorothy Boggess, Frances Ball, Janice Caudill and Peggy Gleason. Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, September 18, 2020, in the Ware Funeral Home, Chillicothe, Ohio, with Pastor Rick Hartley officiating. Friends may call at the Ware Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday. A graveside service will be held 1:30 p.m. Friday, September 18, 2020, at Ball Chapel Cemetery in Ashton, W.Va. You may sign her online register at www.warefh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- Take a guess: Planned Village Shoppes seek community input on new businesses
- BRIAN LEWIS
- Former council member, magistrate indicted in 2019 shooting
- UPDATE: MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- Huntington will settle suit with former MU athletes for more than $350K, according to attorney
- Fort Gay PreK-8 employee tests positive for COVID-19
- HENRY CREMEANS
- Area hospitals see surge in COVID-19 cases
- Student at Huntington East Middle School tests positive for COVID-19
- Photos: Marshall vs. Appalachian State, football
- Photos: Drive-in talent show
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: People spend Sunday afternoon at Camden Park
- Photos: Huntington High vs. Wheeling Park, football
- Photos: The President’s Master Quoits Tournament
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church approaching its 150th Anniversary