PATTSIE PARSONS, 79, of South Point, Ohio, passed away Thursday, July 29, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington. She was preceded in death by her parents, Marvin and Mary Etta Sexton; two children, Dreama Williams and Gerald Shockley Jr.; granddaughter, Alicia Shockley; four brothers, Clarence Sexton, Jackie Sexton, Stanley Sexton, Clinton Sexton; and one sister, Juanita Adkins. Pattsie leaves behind to cherish her memory her husband, Rich Parsons; son, Troy (Dreama) Shockley; daughter-in-law, Lisa Shockley; stepsons, Dale (Tamara) Parsons and Mark Parsons; sister, Brenda (Bob) Lemaster Garrett; six grandchildren, Christina (Jason) Eaches, Candace (Jon) Brumfield, Destiny (Seth) Taylor, Joshua (Britney) Shockley, Elise Parsons and Josiah (Jessica) Parsons; seven great-grandchildren, Dreama “Braelyn,” Brenley, Faythe, Ryden, Willow, Tyler and Hallie Jo; and many nieces, nephews, family and friends. Pattsie was full of life and a treasure to her family. She loved to be surrounded by her children and grandchildren. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her and loved her. Our family would like to thank the doctors and staff at HIMG for all of Pattsie’s wonderful medical care. Funeral services will be conducted by Pastor D.L. Webb at 2 p.m. on Monday, August 2, 2021, at Schneider-Hall Funeral Home in Chesapeake, Ohio. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service. Burial will follow at Rome Cemetery in Proctorville, Ohio. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.schneiderhallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- Huntington man charged in 2018 shooting deaths
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp