RAY JONES, 72, of Proctorville, Ohio, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, October 21, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington, W.Va. He was preceded in death by his parents, Bubby and Lizzie Jones; two nephews, Joey Singer and Eric Davis. Ray was a member of New Beginnings Worship Center and retired from TNT Heating and Cooling. He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Leona Jones; four daughters, Lisa (Clarence) Ferguson, Kim (David) Weant, Julie Jones and Vicy Bocook; four grandchildren, Clarence, Kayla, Karli and Bryan; nine great-grandchildren; and many others that called him dad and pawpaw; two brothers, Tom Jones and Billy Jones; two sisters, Virginia Davis and Carol Hayes; several nieces and nephews. A special thank you to Cat and Michelle Davis. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Sunday, October 24, 2021, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory in Proctorville, Ohio. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Burial will follow the funeral service at Rome Cemetery in Proctorville, Ohio. The family requests that everyone wear a mask. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- A dentist became a top opioid buyer in W.Va. Now a drug firm faces penalty for ignoring red flags
- Drug charges against ex-Marshall football player dropped
- ALEXIS “LEXI” KAY MASSIE
- Martinsburg routs Huntington High, 62-21
- Cannabis education center in Huntington ready to open
- Arrest warrant issued for replacement worker at Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Herd bowl announcement to come Sunday
- After long wait, Milton girl receives new heart
- Progress made in Special Metals strike negotiations, officials report
- Dingess’ analysis of state title game is it’s a tossup
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas display lighting
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Christmas with a Cause 2021
- Photos: Martinsburg tops Huntington, 62-21 in Class AAA championship
- Photos: Readers' deer photos 2021
- Photos: Huntington Dance Theatre rehearses for "The Nutcracker"
- Photos: City of Huntington Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Photos: King of the Mountain State at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Raceland, girls basketball
- Photos: South Point vs. Fairland, girls basketball