RICHARD “DICKIE” L. KNAPP, of Canal Winchester, Ohio, passed away peacefully on Thursday, November 11, 2021, at the age of 74. He was born in Huntington, W.Va., and graduated from Chesapeake High School. Dickie was a devoted husband for 52 years, father of three, veteran U.S. Navy and a retired trucker. He is survived by his wife, Barbara Landers Knapp; children, Eric Lee (Carmelita Ramos) Knapp, Jennifer Ann Knapp (Chad Huskey) and Richard Lee Jr. (Joann Catalan) Knapp; grandchildren, Alice Catalan Knapp, Jack Zander Huskey and Claire Catalan Knapp. Dickie was a member of Saint John XXIII Parish in Canal Winchester. He was a humble man who never relished being the center of attention. In keeping with his wishes, he will be simply honored by his relatives without ceremony. He was never more content than when the weather was warm, the water was calm and the fish were biting. Dickie, we wish you fair weather and abundant fish on your greatest fishing trip yet. (December 20, 1946-November 11, 2021.) Arrangements Entrusted to Schoedinger East, 5360 E. Livingston Avenue, Columbus, OH 43232.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- A dentist became a top opioid buyer in W.Va. Now a drug firm faces penalty for ignoring red flags
- West Virginia State Police to conduct sobriety checkpoint
- Drug charges against ex-Marshall football player dropped
- ALEXIS “LEXI” KAY MASSIE
- Martinsburg routs Huntington High, 62-21
- Cannabis education center in Huntington ready to open
- Trial continued again as four-year anniversary of youth football coach’s killing nears
- Herd bowl announcement to come Sunday
- After long wait, Milton girl receives new heart
- Progress made in Special Metals strike negotiations, officials report
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas display lighting
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Christmas with a Cause 2021
- Photos: Readers' deer photos 2021
- Photos: Martinsburg tops Huntington, 62-21 in Class AAA championship
- Photos: Huntington Dance Theatre rehearses for "The Nutcracker"
- Photos: King of the Mountain State at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, girls basketball
- Photos: Best of November