RODNEY “ROD” DUANE SMITH, 68, of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away on Saturday, July 17, 2021. He was born on April 21, 1953, in Huntington, to the late Ivan Virgil Smith and Dorothy Jean Honaker Workman. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two siblings, Judy Annette Rowe and Ricky Allen Smith. He is survived by his children, Kevin “Andy” (Mayara) Smith, Charlie (Weien) Smith, John Mark (Marian) Smith, Samantha (Richard) Campbell; seven grandchildren, Rachael, Hollis and Autumn Smith, Chuck Smith, and Anna, Olivia and Thomas Campbell; and three siblings, Joyce Jeanette Sills (James) of Lillington, N.C., Virgil Lee Smith of Spring Hill, Fla., William Everett Smith (Bim) of Corpus Christi, TX; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was a Sergeant for the U.S. Marine Corps. He was an honor graduate at Tri-State Bible College, assisted at the City Mission, and was a deacon at Ridgeview Community Bible Church. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 24, 2021, with military rites held by Marine Corps League at Ridgeview Community Bible Church, Huntington, with Pastor Brady Lipscomb officiating. Burial will follow the service at the Ridgelawn Memorial Park, Barboursville. Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, July 23, 2021, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball