ROGER DALE LAYMAN, 66, went to be with the Lord whom he loved on Wednesday, July 21, 2021. He was born on August 23, 1954, to the late Ed and Sarah Hysell Layman. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by grandson, Aaron Webb; and two brothers, Edward Layman and Richard Layman. Roger was a member of Mainstreet Freewill Baptist Church. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Judy Layman; one son, Roger (Jennifer) Layman Jr.; one daughter, Regina Webb; grandsons, Tyler, Josh and Zachary (Hannah); granddaughter, Bethany “Lucy May”; great-grandson, Zayden; great-granddaughters, Aubree and Hazleigh “Rose Bud”; sisters, Connie, Juanita, Debi and Linda; brothers, Richard Jr. and Charles; his little buddy, Jaxson McMillian; and close family friend, Nathaniel “George” Harless. Funeral services will be conducted by Pastor Paul Bartrum at 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 25, 2021, at Schneider-Hall Funeral Home in Chesapeake, Ohio. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service. Burial will follow at Dock’s Creek Cemetery in Kenova. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.schneiderhallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- List would help buy remaining properties for Chesapeake Bypass
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Despite self-defense claim, Huntington double homicide case moves forward
- Two sentenced to prison in federal drug cases
- Huntington teen pleads guilty to manslaughter charges
- JENNIFER MARIE MERRYWEATHER-DEAN
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: Funktafest 5
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: 3rd Avenue Art Gallery
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Parkersburg
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Race for Rembert rubber duck race