TONY LEE THOMPSON, 61, of Proctorville, Ohio, passed away on Sunday, July 18, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington. He was born on December 7, 1959, in Huntington, to the late Joe and Mary Booth Thompson. He was also preceded in death by four brothers, Richard, George, Michael and Joe Jr. Thompson; and two sisters, Wanda Thompson and Corene Osburn. He was the owner of Thompson Landscaping. He is survived by his wife, Sherri Bailey Thompson, of 36 years; two brothers, Charlie (Maxine) and Don (Hattie) Thompson; two sisters, Doris (Gary) Taylor and Sue Thompson (Earl); several nieces and nephews; sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Becky and Darren Morgan; and special niece, Madison Olivia Morgan. A special thank you to the many doctors of HIMG, St. Mary’s Medical Center and the ICU entire staff. Another thanks to the most notable, the cafeteria staff. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 22, 2021, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, with Jason Cleve officiating. Burial will follow the service at Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Founder of Hillbilly Hot Dogs dies
- Arch Resources nearly ready to open new met coal mine in WV
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Police roundup: Man arrested after overnight stabbing
- Health department alerts of substantial spread of COVID-19
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Scaled-down West Virginia Hot Dog Festival promises to be fun for whole family
- Yingling named CEO, president of Mountain Health Network and hospitals
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: Huntington Police Department promotion ceremony
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: K-9 training obstacle course dedication ceremony
- Photos: Developmental Therapy Center 70th Birthday Celebration Jail & Bail Fundraiser
- Photos: Southside Neighborhood Organization Community Craft Fair
- Photos: Mural unveiled at Ebenezer Day Care Center
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show