VERA M. FOX, 96, of Burlington, Ohio, passed away Monday, January 10, 2022, in Heartland of Riverview. She was born in Wayne County, West Virginia, a daughter of the late Elbert and Olga Adkins. Her husband, Clarence “Jack” Fox, also preceded her in death, along with five sisters, Marie, Opal, Blanche, Edith and Leona; and seven brothers, Robert Lee, Orville, Ersie, Ollin, Cornis Harold, Delmar and Paris Bee. She is survived by two sisters, Louise Adkins, with whom she made her home, and Betty Adkins of Wayne; one granddaughter, Karen and Gene; special nephew and niece, Eugene and Emma of Kingsville, Md., and Winifred; caregivers, David and Winifred; and many beloved nieces and nephews, too many to name. Procession will depart Johnson Tiller Funeral Home at 1 p.m. Friday, January 14, 2022, for graveside services at Everett Adkins Cemetery officiated by brothers Emual Adkins and Donald Hager.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN JONES
- New Herd QB Colombi eager to get started
- Nigerian national living in Huntington admits role in money laundering scheme
- Rally planned at Special Metals after contract offer rejected
- W.Va. high court upholds Hardin rape conviction
- Woman who embezzled millions from Huntington nonprofit set for sentencing
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- School officials working to identify makeup days for missed instruction
- Huntington 'money mule' admits guilt in $3.2 fraud case
- South Point couple who died in home fire ID’d
- Photos: Winter storm hits Huntington
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Snow in Barboursville
- Photos: Readers share their January snow photos
- Photos: Gayle Manchin tours West Edge
- Photos: Strike rally outside of Special Metals
- Photos: The Good Time Bad Art Show
- Photos: Overnight snow covers area
- Photos: Boys basketball, Huntington High vs. Cabell Midland
- Photos: Blenko Glass Company's 6th annual Water Bottle Week