VIRGINIA MAUDELL WILLIAMS THOMPSON, 94, of South Point, Ohio, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022. She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Crown City, Ohio. She was preceded in death by her parents, Roy and Edith Barry Williams; brother, Olof Ray (Ruth) Williams; sister, Eileen (Ernie) Watson; sister, Ruth Williams Martin; two children, Jessie Ann and Roy Delbert; and one grandchild, LuAnn Mosley. She is survived by two daughters and one son, Patricia A. Thompson-Stapleton and her husband Ron Stapleton of South Point, Ohio, Pamela J. Thompson of Franklin Furnace, Ohio, and George W. (Holly) Thompson of Lucasville, Ohio; five grandchildren, J. Deacon Stone, David Thompson, Saul Thompson, Emmy Lakes-Lute and Crystal Moore; 12 great-grandchildren, Calib, Abby, Noah, Aiden, Evan, Kryslin, Gracie, Eli, Connor, Lola, Milo, Oakleigh; two great-great-grandchildren, Ensley and Zayde; sister, Geraldine Fulks; and many nieces and nephews. She was a member of the Church of God of Prophecy, Ironton, Ohio, and a retiree of the South Point local school district. Virginia was a devoted mother, grandmother, friend and neighbor who truly believed and lived the golden rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” She always made time to listen earnestly to others’ concerns and needs. She always lent the helping hand and would always offer uplifting words of encouragement and hope. She practiced putting others’ needs before her own. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, January 14, 2022, at Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, with Pastor Darren Spainhower officiating. Burial will follow the service at Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, January 13, 2022, at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Woman who embezzled millions from Huntington nonprofit set for sentencing
- CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN JONES
- Nucor announcement spurs interest at retired Philip Sporn plant in Mason County
- Former Huntington children's nonprofit worker gets seven years for stealing $4.7 million
- GREGORY ALLEN TOWNSEND
- KELLY M. STILTNER DICK
- ANGELA MICHELLE JOHNSTON
- Police roundup: One in custody after ‘emergency situation’ draws police to West Huntington
- RONALD “MARK” CHAPMAN
- South Point couple who died in home fire ID’d
- Photos: Strike rally outside of Special Metals
- Photos: The Good Time Bad Art Show
- Photos: High school wrestling, Cabell Midland vs. Huntington High
- Photos: Boys basketball, Huntington High vs. Cabell Midland
- Photos: Blenko Glass Company's 6th annual Water Bottle Week
- Photos: Overnight snow covers area
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, boys basketball
- Photos: Marshall women's basketball takes on Florida Atlantic
- Photos: Marshall vs. FIU, women's basketball
- Photos: Hurricane vs. Cabell Midland, girls basketball