WANDA ALLEN, 86, lovingly known as "Gree," of Chesapeake, Ohio, born on September 25, 1935, passed away July 29, 2022, at home surrounded by family. She will be forever known as a servant to our community from her 35-year tenure as the nurse at the Chesapeake school district, her involvement with the mentally and physically disabled of Riverside Handicap Center, and the Chesapeake Medical Center. To her family she will forever be the building block of love and unity. She is the last of four siblings of the Lawless family from Ironton, Ohio. She leaves behind three children, Robin Allen, Kathy Allen, and Cheri Pittman. She also leaves her grandchildren Kevin Mays, Erin Carver, Andy Pittman, Bryan Allen and her great-grandchildren Dylann Mays, Titus Jones, Emma Keaton, Trinity Jones, Rebecca Pittman and James Pittman. Private family graveside services will be held. In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations be sent to the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House of Huntington, for which we are eternally grateful. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Cabell Huntington Hospital agrees to nearly $5.7 million lawsuit settlement with some retirees
- BUSINESS BEAT: Outback building new restaurant at former Applebee's location
- Ex-Marshall student faces 10 years in prison for million-dollar online scheme
- Former Seminoles catching Huff's eye in camp
- Spring Valley star Chafin leaving WVU
- Ironton heavy favorite to win OVC football title
- Gabby's 152 Tortilla Street features authentic Mexican
- James Paul Cooper
- Man remains in hospital one week after being hit by truck
- Colombi's comfort level rising
- Photos: Dreamland Pool 2022 Dog Swim
- Photos: Rails & Ales Festival at Harris Riverfront Park
- Photos: First day of school for Cabell County
- Photos: Freshman move-in day at Marshall University
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Saturday, August 13
- Photos: Power Wheels Derby
- Photos: Duke Ridgely Invitational high school golf tournament
- Photos: Local Catholic schools return to class
- Photos: Grand opening ceremony for new outdoor classroom
- Photos: Highlawn asphalt mural