ALVIN GRAY "FARMER" HEDRICK, 84 of Culloden, W.Va., passed away January 16, 2023, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. He was born March 24, 1938, in Institute, W.Va., a son of the late William Henry and Sylvia Katherine Bryant Hedrick. He was also preceded in death by nine siblings. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge #139, Hurricane. He is survived by his loving wife Florence Marie Chapman Hedrick; one daughter, Connie Hedrick-Johnson; two siblings, Robert Hedrick (Barbara) and Ruby Bowles; two grandchildren, Autumn Marie Johnson and Austin Elijah Johnson; one great-grandson, Gatlin Gray Cmiel-Johnson; and special friends Homer Cardwell, Gale Freeman, Jackie Clark and Jack Adkins. Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, January 20, 2023, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Entombment will be in Valley View Memorial Park, and will be private. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, 3100 Staunton Road, Huntington, WV, 25702. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Nucor working through permit process, actively hiring
- Polymer Alliance Zone buys $7.5 million manufacturing property in Huntington
- 'American Pickers' to return to West Virginia in March, here's how to be on the show:
- Cabell Midland band teacher recognized for dedication, creativity
- Herd turns focus in-house after portal window closes
- Anna M. Archer
- George C. Lambros
- Wayne Middle Chicken Tenders club expanding with greenhouse
- Prep sports notebook: Marshall offers Highlanders kicker Aya-ay
- Chuck Landon: Former MU coach calls out gamblers
- Photos: Old Time Dance at Heritage Hall
- Photos: Families Attend Interactive Animal Show
- Photos: KEE100 Bridal Expo at Marshall Recreation Center
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Cincinnati Reds Caravan stops at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, girls basketball
- Photos: Marshall vs. Southern Miss, women's basketball
- Photos: Boys basketball, South Point takes on Fairland
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Riverside, boys basketball