ALVIN GRAY "FARMER" HEDRICK, 84 of Culloden, W.Va., passed away January 16, 2023, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. He was born March 24, 1938, in Institute, W.Va., a son of the late William Henry and Sylvia Katherine Bryant Hedrick. He was also preceded in death by nine siblings. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge #139, Hurricane. He is survived by his loving wife Florence Marie Chapman Hedrick; one daughter, Connie Hedrick-Johnson; two siblings, Robert Hedrick (Barbara) and Ruby Bowles; two grandchildren, Autumn Marie Johnson and Austin Elijah Johnson; one great-grandson, Gatlin Gray Cmiel-Johnson; and special friends Homer Cardwell, Gale Freeman, Jackie Clark and Jack Adkins. Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, January 20, 2023, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Entombment will be in Valley View Memorial Park, and will be private. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, 3100 Staunton Road, Huntington, WV, 25702. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Recommended for you
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Bus driver who left students at McDonald's no longer employed with Cabell County Schools
- Huntington bridge to close starting Monday
- Feds, local law enforcement conduct 'largest seizure of methamphetamine in WV history'
- Bridge painting project postponed
- Stepping Stones celebrates tiny home village
- Beckley singer to appear on 'American Idol' on Sunday
- Chuck Landon: Will Stephens be MU's new coach?
- Painters' union officials say Nucor uses mostly out-of-state labor in mills' construction phases
- Marshall medical students learn where they are headed next through Match Day 2023
- Huntington launches response team focused on homelessness, mental health
- Photos: Marshall University kicks off high school tour
- Photos: High school baseball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, baseball
- Photos: "Hoppy Easter" at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Spikefest, Saturday
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine celebrates Match Day
- Photos: East Huntington Kiwanis Club Pancake Festival
- Photos: High school softball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Ashland, baseball
- Photos: The Artstream Nomadic Gallery visits HMA