ANDREW DALE NELSON, “POPPY,” 63, of Wayne, W.Va., died Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at his residence. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Saturday, January 15, 2022, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Mount Vernon Cemetery, Wayne, W.Va. He was born February 12, 1958, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of Shirley Delores Blatt Nelson and the late Jack Nelson. Andy was the owner and operator of Nelsons Meat Processing. An infant son, Zaine Braxton Nelson, also preceded him in death, along with a brother, Tony Nelson. Survivors include a daughter, Cara Nelson (Jeremy) of Prichard, W.Va.; three sons, Brandon Nelson (Jayme) of Ironton, Ohio, Andrew Brennan Nelson (Allison) of Chesapeake, Ohio, Ryan Cooper Nelson “The Chosen One” of Lavalette, W.Va.; his fiancée, Jenny Ross and her daughter Daisy Cabe; three sisters, Sharon Denning (David) of Huntington, W.Va., Charlotte Thompson (Terry) of Prichard, W.Va., Sherry Webb of Prichard, W.Va.; a brother, Donnie Nelson (Hope) of Lavalette, W.Va.; five grandchildren, Taylor, Braxton, Reagan, Brody Nelson and Lacie Hall; special friends, Riian Van der Merwe, Todd Chadwick, Scott Davies, Scott Brumfield, Pat Webb; and a host of nieces and nephews. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Zaines Room at Cabell Huntington Hospital NICU, c/o CHHE Federal Credit Union, 1204 Hal Greer Blvd., Huntington, WV 25701 (Please write in the memo, Zaines Fund Acct. 6071). Visitation will be from noon until service time Saturday at Morris Funeral Home, Wayne, W.Va.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- DR. KENNETH J. O'CONNOR
- County sends letter to employees about absences
- Basketball rivals comfort one another in deaths of parents
- Justice receiving care at home, ‘not doing well’ after contracting COVID-19
- Cabell County indictments: Lesage man indicted on arson charge
- TIFFANI BROOKE YOUNG DIAL
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- REV. WILLIAM KEITH CREASY
- Special Metals layoffs come as strike negotiations continue
- REBECCA LYNN COLLINS
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Fishing at Lake William in Barboursville.
- Photos: “A Night on 5th” art walk
- Photos: First day of Marshall's 2022 Spring semester
- Photos: Facing Hunger Foodbank mobile food pantry
- Photos: Boy's basketball, Huntington St. Joe vs. Lawrence County
- Photos: Frost Bite Freeze Out at Beech Fork
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. South Charleston, boys basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, boys basketball