BETTY JO BELLOMY, 84, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away on Saturday, September 18, 2021, in Huntington, W.Va. Funeral services will be conducted on Sunday, September 26, 2021, at 3 p.m. at Sunshine Freewill Baptist Church by Pastor Jody Fortner. Burial will follow in May Cemetery. She was born on January 5, 1937, in Huntington, W.Va., the daughter of the late William E. Wolfe and Marie Turner Wolfe Chadwick. In addition to her parents, she was preceded by her daughter, Donna Jean Bellomy; brothers and sister, William and Richard Wolfe and Jean Moore. She was a caregiver working for Cabell County CCSO and a member of Sunshine Freewill Baptist Church. She is survived by her two sons and daughter and son-in-law, Ricky D. Bellomy, Michael L. Bellomy and Karen S. (Michael) Bellomy Taylor; one sister, Helen Wolfe; 10 grandchildren, Misty Caldwell, Sara, Lauren, Richie (Gina) and Jayne Bellomy, James, Andrew, Wendy and Courtney Taylor and April Yeager (Jarred); 10 great-grandchildren; and special nieces and nephews all survive her as well. Friends may call from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, September 26, 2021, at the church. Reger Funeral Home, Huntington, is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Student senator seeks resolution to reconsider Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Service union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote to send strike notice
- Chuck Landon: MU has options for new home
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- Marshall SGA subcommittee votes down presidential search resolution
- DANA MORRIS RYDER JR.
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Man admits to fentanyl-related crime after more than 50 pounds of illicit drugs seized
- Photos: Corks and Kegs at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: 8th annual All Aboard the Yoga Motive
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: City of Huntington Time Capsule Closing Ceremony
- Photos: Volunteers help out at Kenova Pumpkin House
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Fairmont Senior, high school football
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony
- Photos: Howl-O-Wiener dog races
- Photos: Ironton vs. Portsmouth, football
- Photos: Gallaher Village Pick Your Own Pumpkin Charlie Brown event