CLIFFORD GERALD ADKINS, 74 of Kenova died peacefully at home on March 10, 2023. Clifford was born on January 20, 1949, Mr. and Mrs. Adkins went on to have three children Sheila Kay Adkins, Matthew James Adkins and Mitchell Joseph Adkins. Clifford was preceded in death by his wife Geneva, parents Moses and Ernestine Adkins, sisters Josephine and Oda O'Dell, his brothers Everett, Simon, and Richard Adkins and his granddaughter Roxanna Adkins. He is survived by his sister Wilma Jean Bryant, his children and his grandchildren, Austin (Heidi) Vickers, Timothy (Sarah) Wagner, Courtney Madison Adkins, Lee (Katelynn) Hubbard, Dalton Hubbard, and Matthew Adkins II; and five great-grandchildren. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Funeral services will be at noon Thursday, March 16, 2023, at Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Minister Danny Evans with entombment to follow at Ridgelawn Memorial Park, Huntington. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Recommended for you
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- Bus driver who left students at McDonald's no longer employed with Cabell County Schools
- Huntington bridge to close starting Monday
- Stepping Stones celebrates tiny home village
- Feds, local law enforcement conduct 'largest seizure of methamphetamine in WV history'
- Bridge painting project postponed
- Stephen Christian Carson
- Chuck Landon: Will Stephens be MU's new coach?
- Cabell County area enjoys bustling retail scene
- All-Tri-State girls team features overwhelming talent
- Police roundup: Kentucky woman charged in death of toddler
- Photos: Marshall University kicks off high school tour
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, baseball
- Photos: Kane Brown, Dustin Lynch and Locash perform at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: Stepping Stones Inc. conducts ribbon-cutting for tiny home village
- Photos: High school baseball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Ashland, baseball
- Photos: Huntington Fire Department Awards Ceremony
- Photos: Marshall University conducts 2023 HerdCon
- Photos: Marshall Football Pro Day
- Photos: High school softball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington