CLYDE YOUNG, 66, of Kenova, W.Va., passed Friday, July 23, 2021. Funeral service will be conducted 11 a.m. Monday, July 26, 2021, at Rollins Funeral Home in Kenova, with Pastor Willie May officiating. Interment will follow in Hillcrest Cemetery. Clyde was born July 8, 1955, in Boyd County, Ky., a son of Julia George Young and the late Clyde Young Sr. In addition to his beloved mother, he is survived by loving wife, Laura Vanover Young; one son and daughter-in-law, Michael Young (Mary); one adopted daughter, Ashley Oakes; six grandchildren; two sisters, Teresa Mannon (Jerry) and Brenda Young; one brother, Keith Young; sister-in-law, Belva Cremeans; and brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Soney Smith (Donna). Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, July 25, 2021, at Rollins Funeral Home in Kenova. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Parkersburg
- Photos: Open Studio clay class at HMA