CONNIE EARL ROBERTS, 85, of Branchland, W.Va., passed away Thursday, June 25, 2020, at St. Mary’s Medical Center. He was born June 5, 1935, a son of the late Earl and Donna Richardson. He was a pipeliner for Columbia Gas and an Elder of Hamlin Church of Christ for over 40 years. He was also preceded in death by his sister, Halene (Bob) Vickers; sister-in-law, Alice Katherine (Brady) Johnson; and brothers-in-law, Jack (Phyllis) Reynolds and James (Jo Ann) Reynolds. He is survived by his wife, Angeline Marie Reynolds Roberts; sons, Craig Roberts and Barry (Debbie) Roberts; five grandchildren: Kristen Lee Ann (Timmy) Thompson, Sarah Jo (Steven) Langdon, Jennifer (Jason) Lambert, Jacob (Breanna) Roberts, and Josh (Emilee) Roberts; great-grandchildren: Abigail, Sebastian, Nathan, Sawyer, Sophia, Lacey, Jeter, Everly, and Berkley; sisters-in-law, Dorothy (Charles) Clark, Linda (Steve) Gawthrop, and Barbara (Tom) Racer; and several nieces and nephews. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, June 28, 2020, at Handley Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va., with Alan Cole officiating. Burial will follow at Fairview Memory Gardens, Hamlin, W.Va. Visitation will be one hour prior to service on Sunday. Due to COVID-19, please observe social distancing.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington nursing home combats COVID-19 outbreak
- Outbreak of COVID-19 reported at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- BILLY RAY CHATTERTON
- A triangle of culture: Vision for 14th Street West unveiled in new master plan
- Lumber, building material crisis impacting new home construction
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- Bite Mi Asian Street Food truck offers flavor on wheels
- Health officials call for more ‘drastic’ action from community to slow COVID-19 spread
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in W.Va.
- Midland's Roberts wins Underwood Award
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: St. Cloud Commons All-Inclusive Splash Pad ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Photos: High School Football, Huntington vs. Winfield
- Photos: Memphis Tennessee Garrison House restoration project ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Oak HIll, football
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Eagle Scout project underway at Spring Hill Elementary
- Photos: Ironton vs. New Lexington, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, football