DONNA LEE CROSS, 67, of Barboursville, wife of Michael A. “Chaucer” Cross, died Saturday, October 9, 2021 at St. Mary’s Medical Center. She was born May 2, 1954 in Huntington. She was the daughter of the late Ernest and Annabelle Casto Turner. Donna retired from the Railroad Retirement Board; was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Barboursville; the Barboursville Lions Club, and was on the Board of Directors for Branches. If you feel compelled to send condolences, please consider making a donation to the Barboursville Lions Club in lieu of sending flowers. She is survived by her husband, Chaucer; her son, Jacob Cross; and her brother, Ernie Turner. Donna loved unconditionally. The world has lost one of the best among us. She will be missed.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Student senator seeks resolution to reconsider Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Service union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote to send strike notice
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Lawrence County grand jury indicts several
- DANA MORRIS RYDER JR.
- Chuck Landon: MU has options for new home
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: 8th annual All Aboard the Yoga Motive
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: City of Huntington Time Capsule Closing Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington