DONNIE NELSON JOSEPH, 70, of Prichard, W.Va., passed away Thursday, January 6, 2022, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. Funeral service will be conducted noon Friday, January 14, 2022, at the Kenova Church of Christ with Brother Chris Stevens officiating. Interment will follow in the Ward-Lewis Cemetery. He was born April 11, 1951, in Lancaster, Ky., a son of the late Emery and Georgia Lee McDaniel Joseph. He retired from the Wayne Walmart. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, Gary Lee Joseph. Survivors include his beloved wife of 50 years, Loretta Ward Joseph; son, Randall Patrick Joseph (Sonya Mayo Joseph); daughter, Susan Renee Parks (Dwayne); son, Phillip Matthew Joseph (Mindy Hunt Joseph), and daughter, Angela Maria Adkins (Jeremy); eight grandchildren, Kaitlin Shay Joseph, Miranda Lee Joseph, Levi Patrick Joseph, Kayla Renee Parks, Kyle Alexander Parks, Andrea Marie Bockway (Chase), Alexis Paige Adkins and Annabelle Grace Joseph; three great-grandchildren, Jaxon Chase Bockway, Olivia Jayne Bockway and James Kenneth Bockway. He is also survived by brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Roger and Regina Ward, David and Diana Nelson, Betty and Ronnie Arnoldt and Beverly and Lewis Lemons; cousins, Freda Shilot, Allen Day and Julienne Abney; uncles, Earl Tankerlsley and Curtis Tankersley; and a host of other family members. Friends may call two hours prior to the service at the church. Rollins Funeral Home in Kenova is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Woman who embezzled millions from Huntington nonprofit set for sentencing
- CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN JONES
- Nucor announcement spurs interest at retired Philip Sporn plant in Mason County
- Former Huntington children's nonprofit worker gets seven years for stealing $4.7 million
- GREGORY ALLEN TOWNSEND
- KELLY M. STILTNER DICK
- ANGELA MICHELLE JOHNSTON
- Police roundup: One in custody after ‘emergency situation’ draws police to West Huntington
- W.Va. high court upholds Hardin rape conviction
- South Point couple who died in home fire ID’d
- Photos: Strike rally outside of Special Metals
- Photos: The Good Time Bad Art Show
- Photos: Boys basketball, Huntington High vs. Cabell Midland
- Photos: High school wrestling, Cabell Midland vs. Huntington High
- Photos: Gayle Manchin tours West Edge
- Photos: Blenko Glass Company's 6th annual Water Bottle Week
- Photos: Overnight snow covers area
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, boys basketball
- Photos: Marshall women's basketball takes on Florida Atlantic
- Photos: Snow in Barboursville