DOROTHY JEAN PRATT ROSS, 92, of Radnor, W.Va., passed away peacefully on June 9, 2021, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 12, 2021, at Morris Funeral Home, Wayne, W.Va., with Brother Allen Bailey officiating. Visitation will be two hours prior to the service at the funeral home. Burial will follow in the Ross Family Cemetery, Radnor. She was born January 10, 1929, to Fred and Grace Hampton Pratt. She was retired from the Genoa Post Office and was a member of the Radnor Church of Christ. She was Mamaw Dot to so many throughout the years, and we were blessed to have her 92 years. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Raymond Ross; brothers, Fred “Dude” Pratt Jr., Donald Pratt, Ralph Pratt, Willis “Pete” Pratt, Billy and Bobby Pratt; sisters, Bertha Gibson and Racine Emery; daughter-in-law, Sheila Ann Ross; and her beloved great-grandson, Sebastian Ross Clayborne. Survivors include her sisters, Betty Jo Hollis of Huntington, Lois “Jennie” Cremeans of St. Albans, W.Va., and Patty King of Texas; son, Larry Raymond Ross of Radnor; son and daughter-in-law, Ronald and Sharon Ross of Wayne; and son and daughter-in-law, Jeffrey Lynn and Pamela Ross of Wayne; grandchildren, Timothy Ross (Tonya) of Wayne, Christie Ross Hitchcock of Huntington, Jerry Ross of Radnor, Tara Ross Clayborne of Wayne, Shaleena Ross of Arlington, Va., and Grant Ross of Virginia Beach, Va.; great-grandchildren, Hunter Hitchcock, Braden Ross, Carrie Ross and Abby Maynard; great-great-grandchildren, Cole, Carsyn, Audrey and Hank; special friends, James Vickers (Sandy), who was like her 4th son, and Cassie Wilson, whom she talked on the phone with every day; and a host of nieces and nephews.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- KAYLA NICOLE BLEDSOE
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Highlanders standouts commit to colleges
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show